Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life.....

Ok so it has been almost a week since I have posted so I thought I would update you all on my life and some interesting things that have been happening. So far, the following is what has really meant a lot to me....

This semester I started school with a new drive and zeal to reach out to those that are lost and hurting. I have been praying that God would lead me to those that are hungry and want to know Him more. Needless to say, I didn't know that the people I met this semester would really open my eyes to let me see how blessed I really am.I am sure many of us get so caught up in life and forget to be thankful for the things that may seem so simple or just "normal" to us. Well anyways, I am getting to know this girl from my bio 431 class (I met her this summer in bio 430 but never really got to know her that well). We have been talking the since about the first week of school and I am so glad I have met her! She has had a very hard life and has expressed many difficult things that she has been through. I don't really know what to say at times because, living the sheltered life that I live, have never come close to experiencing anything she has been through. As time has went on and we have developed a closer friendship she started talking to me about church, why I don't cut my hair, drink, smoke etc. (which btw she thinks is totally awesome=). So by her noticing a difference in me I have had many great opportunities to witness to her and be a light. Ok so now I am gonna tell a little story cause its easier to tell it that way=) I hope this encourages someone!

The other day I was at Kaceys house studying and she started talking about church and Christians. She said she just started going to church in January for the first time in 8 years and was very skeptical because she hates hypocrites. So as she talked about her church and how much she loved it I just sat there and listened and told her that was great that she is trying to make changes from her past and do something good with her life. Towards the end of the conversation she said, "Carly, one of the reasons I like you is because you're not a hypocrite. You are a Christian and it shows by how you live your life. You're not shoving your religion down peoples throats or telling them that they are going to go to hell because of certain things they do." She then asked me, "and maybe if its cool with you I could come to church with you sometime? I'm always up for trying out new things!" =)

Thank you Jesus!! I didn't even have to invite her to church! This just goes to show that you are a light and others are watching and they see the difference in you! After she told me that I said, "Kasey you are more than welcome to come! I just didn't invite you because you seemed really excited about your church and if you were interested in mine and you noticed something different in me that you would ask to come to my church." And she did!" Okay I just have one more story which explains why I am extra thankful for the things that seem "normal" to me....

Kacey came over my house to study yesterday and she met my family, talked with everyone , and had dinner with us. The next day she said, "Man Carly your family is so cool! Your sisters are so sweet and your parents are super cool lol." She then said, "I didn't want to leave your house last night and go home to my (we wont say what she said right here=) family. I wish your parents were mine....you sure are lucky!" Man hearing this wanted to make me cry! I take so many things for granted and often forget how blessed I am! Well I know this post is long and there is so much more that I could say but I hope this has made you feel more thankful and has encouraged you! Lets keep on keepin' on!!! We are the light of this world!

Ps..Please pray for Kacey!

5 comments:

James Wilder said...

This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. It's what it's all about! Thanks for sharing it, Carly!

James Wilder said...

This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. It's what it's all about! Thanks for sharing it, Carly!

V said...

Carly,
I've been hearing lately through the preaching of the Word about just being a witness to others and about letting your light shine. Reading your stories encouraged me. This was pretty neat, Carly. Thanks for sharing it!
Love you!!!

TRC Rockers said...

Carly- If it weren't for Liz Waage chosing to witness, to me instead of studying for her computer test, I wouldn't be in church today and Isabelle wouln't be in Katie's wedding this Sat. If it weren't for a witness your parents wouldn't be here either. . . or Bro. Malone . . .or Bro. King . . .or Bro. Dias . . .or Bro and Sis. Waage . . .or Sis. Newton (bus kid)or so many others!

Carly said...

James:: Thanks. Watching that video about that girl at college and career has come to my mind often too this semester. It's so easy to get caught up in your daily routine and not notice all of the hungry and hurting people around you.

Vren:: Glad you felt encouraged=) Hope to see you soon! Miss ya!

Jessica:: That is so very true! I think Kasey and I did more talking than we did studying the past couple of days so hopefully my situation will end up like yours =)