I am sure many, if not all of you, have heard about Michael Jackson's death. Today he passed away, at the young of 50, due to cardiac arrest. He lived a life full of popularity, wealth, sin, and fame. No, I am not a Michael Jackson fan but when I heard of his death today I was troubled and the first thought that came to mind was, "I definitely wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now!" Throughout his growing career, so many people idolized Michael Jackson, despite the many sickening things he did and was accused for. I stop and think for a moment, "I wonder if he ever heard about the truth? If anyone ever witnessed to him?"Today, I am once again reminded how quickly life passes by and how in a moment, sometimes when we least expect it, it's gone. Life is definitely a vapor but the God we serve is forever! Thank God for truth and the opportunity that I have had to hear and live it. Incidents like this that are so sudden, make me want to make sure I am ready for the coming of the Lord because who knows when He will come! Or who knows when your day may come... Although life outside of church may bring temporary pleasure and it may seem fun for a while, is it really worth it? I am burdened for the people that have strayed away from truth these past few years. I am praying for every backslider. Praying that God will make you miserable in your sin, that He will have mercy on you, that He will soften your heart and clear the confusion in your mind. If any backslider reads this, know that I am praying for you (along with many others) and love you.
To those that haven't fallen astray, lets keep pressing on and growing in Jesus =)
3 comments:
So true Carly, I felt the same way.. it's heart wrenching to know that he may have never been witnessed to or felt REAL LOVE that comes from God alone!! It's also sad to me that so many people have idolized him so much and are grieving over his death not even thinking of the torment he now faces sadly.. forever!! Life is so precious and so short and I hope to please God with the life I am given! Thanks for the post... makes you thankful and want to reach the world and tell them about JESUS!! I love you!
Its so sad that he never got to know the real Jesus. Upon hearing this news I thought of James 4:14 as you've mentioned already. Wake up call, world!
love you =D
True. Good grasp on reality. I think this generation needs to put the words and ideas we have into action. Faith without works is dead. Even Michael Jackson types are reachable.
Post a Comment